OH YES! It’s here, the final trailer for Deadpool 2, which releases on May 18th (tickets on sale now)!
Let’s break this down:
- Yes, epic stinger sound effects!
- Helicopter flying to some remote mountainous lakefront location…where could it be?
- “Watch out for Cable!”…cue scenes of Cable kicking ass!
- Mama Said Knock You Out soundtrack! Some old school LL Cool J…this song actually came out before Deadpool first appeared in New Mutants 98. The timing of the scenes with the song lyrics is spot on!
- Mysterious kid that Cable is hunting down…what can this kid do? Why is he important?
- Thanos reference! Wait…this isn’t Infinity War?!?!?
- Introducing some of the X-Force recruits: Bedlam! Shatterstar (complete with dual bladed swords and comic accurate mask)! Domino (with some sweet action scenes)!
- More Cable badassery!
- Colossus…getting destroyed by Cable!
- Cable laying a beat down on Deadpool!
- “So dark…you sure you’re not from the DC Universe?”…oh, snap! Shots fired!
- Mystery kid shooting fire!
- Cable getting teabagged!
- Deadpool with some fancy sword work…a throwback to the much maligned X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie, but with varied levels of success this time, lol
- And new X-Force member…Peter…random powerless guy…skydiving! He looks so determined…I’m betting that scene doesn’t end well for him.
So, in summary: Cable looks badass, new team members plus the familiar ones from the first movie, Domino looks very exciting…and hot, mystery kid still mysterious…
I got my tickets…do you have yours?