Shelf Space is an online chat show that’s been a long time in the making for co-hosts Gina B and Kris (aka Bmutha). Why Shelf Space? Because every collector needs more Shelf Space! Why BnB? Because we want you to relax, kick back, and enjoy the show.
We’re going to be talking everything pop culture related, movies, TV, statues, games, conventions, outhouses…you name it. We also have several special features planned for future episodes, so please join us in our journey.
November 4, 2018
On Episode 8, we are very excited to chat with the extraordinary artist, Marco Plouffe! Marco is an amazing digital artist who works on video games (Mass Effect Andromeda, Deus Ex Mankind Divided etc.), film, and of course, statues! You will recognize some of his work from Prime 1 Studio (Guyver, Anti-Venom to name a few), XM Studios (Shogun Batman), and Sideshow Collectibles (Punisher, Wolverine). Come see what Marco has to say about his experience in the industry!
October 26, 2018
We run through the Fall superhero TV season, including Daredevil season 3, Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, and Titans! Since Halloween is around the corner, we will take a look at one of the hottest characters in horror, Pennywise. And, as the year winds down, we take a look at some of the early favorites for Statue of the Year.
October 14, 2018
In Episode 6 we hold a moment of silence for the Iron Fist netflix series, we discuss the new Mandalorian announcement, James Gunn’s arrival on the Suicide Squad scene, and a big rundown of the recent New York Comic Con!
September 30, 2018
In Episode 5, Gina and Kris will share some thoughts on some of the most anticipated upcoming movies, Dark Phoenix, the Joker, and the next Marvel Netflix series, Daredevil Season 3!
Then we’ll run through some of the biggest recent reveals in the statue collectible world, and finally give a quick preview of next weekend’s New York Comic-Con!
September 16, 2018
In Episode 4, Gina and Bmutha discuss:
– The recent rumours swirling around Henry Cavill…is he leaving, and what would that mean for the current DC movie universe.
– The set photos released for the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, will this be another blockbuster for Marvel?
– The brand new Spider-Man PS4 game: is this the best Spider-Man game made, and is it the start of a new, lucrative franchise?
– Sideshow has revealed a completely revamped portrait for their new Psylocke PF…but, is it for better or worse, and more importantly, why make the change?
– XM released an article “Demystifying the Made to Order (MTO) Process”…does this business model change how you will order in the future?
– Singapore’s flagship convention, STGCC, was a big success for the local statue companies (XM and HMO). We run through some of the new reveals and discuss our favourites.
August 31, 2018
In Episode 3 we are very excited to have our first special guest, Mufizal Mokhtar! Mufizal is a superstar in the collectibles industry as a sculptor and art director. He has contributed to XM Studios, Royal Selangor, and especially HMO (of which he is co-founder).
We talk about his training as an artist, the launch of his professional career, his thoughts on digital vs traditional sculpting, the challenges of producing collectibles in pewter (Royal Selangor), and go over the state of his company, HMO, leading into STGCC next weekend (September 8 and 9).
We hope you enjoy this exclusive interview!
August 19, 2018
In this second episode we cover Green Lantern Casting, Rambo Sequel, Declining Edition Sizes and we preview upcoming XM Studios statues coming to 2018 STGCC. For our featured topic we list our favourite characters that deserve their own Netflix show.
The above is just a brief clip from the show…watch the entire episode HERE.
August 6, 2018
In our first ever episode, Gina and Bmutha chat about the recent Venom trailer, the Fox-Disney merger, Star Wars casting news, and of course, some statues shown at two recent major events: Wonder Festival and SDCC!